12/1/08

A Boy and His Train:

Meet Thomas. Thomas was given to Mason in 2005 by his great grandparents. He was not quite 3. We assembled Thomas only once after opening it at Christmas, but at 3, I could see this wonderful (and no doubt expensive) electric train set getting broken into a million pieces. So, Thomas went into a box...


...and was totally forgotten about until yesterday. The controls for this Thomas train set are simple and seemingly durable; with the exception of the wiring. Mason had no difficulties figuring out how to make Thomas go as fast as possible. Counting to 100 was a piece of cake for him.


He also had no difficulties figuring out how each piece fit together and went onto the track.


It also didn't take him too long to figure out that the passenger cars won't go without the engine.


I only kicked the train over a few times to get this photo. Honest!

Okay, so I also had to kick the train off of the track to get this photo...

...and this photo. Look at how he concentrates to get the train just right! I only kicked the train off so that he could work on his finger dexterity! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

1 comments:

Davidson said...

We just got a Thomas the Tank Engine for my mom. Yes, my mom. It was her 57th birthday and that's what she wanted. I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with the quickly growing grandkids.