2/4/09

Valentine's Day Fun...

For the last few years, I have designed Mason's Valentine cards that he gives to his classmates. Last year, I did something a little more traditional...these were printed on 4x6 photo paper. Mason wrote his classmates name in one square and his name in another. These were a big hit with mothers in his class; I'm not sure how well received they were by his classmate...I forgot to take a poll.



This year, I went off of a childhood memory of my own...cootie catchers. You've all seen them and have even played this game. This is the unfolded version....



Here it is all folded up. Look familiar? Yes, I reused our Christmas card...I was a lazy designer for my not-so-favorite Hallmark holiday. To get to the inside, the player chooses one of the heart squares and the other counts the number of hearts while moving the folds back and forth.



Numbers on the inside...the player chooses a number and the other player counts the number while moving the folds back and forth again...




...and the third time, the player chooses a number and the other player lifts the flap of the number chosen...




...inside is a fun surprise!




Unfold all of it and you get an even BIGGER surprise! Mason's little face wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day! Awe!

4 comments:

KJS said...

Cortni you are SO CREATIVE! Wow, those cards are awesome! Great job :)

the doze said...

I love this idea! I'm going to steal it from you. :)

Did you print these at home, or did you have them done professionally? They look great!

Mason Fleske said...

I printed one out on our Canon color printer and color photocopied the rest of them. I don't imagine 6 year olds will be scrutinizing the print quality of their Valentine's day cards. HA!

Seligman Past said...

That is too cute. Believe it or not, I had to estimate a "cootie catcher" just the other day.

My daughter is so talented and I am so proud of the person she has become and the mother she is!