1/29/09

PTSC Fundraising Duties...

As a member of the fundraising committee, I find myself designing a lot of flyers for various events. I have designed flyers for the Garden Party, Monkey Joe's spirit night, volunteer flyers and the like.


I never have been big on the Hallmark holiday of Valentine's Day. Being that Brian's birthday is ON Valentine's Day has always given me an excuse to bah humbug the day for what other people see it as, so designing this flyer was more of a challenge for me. Above is version #1.


Then I had my first set of revisions from the powers-that-be. On the tear-off portion, they wanted to have more lines for children. I often forget that there are people in the world that have more than just one child. Funny how I get wrapped up in my own little world that revolves around my single child. Logical changes, I thought. No problem.

Anyone else out there bah humbug about Valentine's Day? Mason's Valentine's card coming soon...

3 comments:

Seligman Past said...

Nice design, but I agree with you - Valentine's Day is a day to make candy makers and card companies rich! It has little to nothing to do with love or relationships.

By-the-way - Tell Brian Happy Birthday!

sheltonfamily said...

I need you to design my doctor's signature. It needs to be simple and only take seconds to write!!!!

KJS said...

Thanks for your comments Cortni - you are too sweet! Yeah, this whole experience sucks, but you are right, it will be over soon. Miss ya tons, wish we could still work together ever day! Kerri